Friday 18 March 2011

Messy.

Day Three: Continuous Paint Painting?

Ok, I'm not entirely sure what the call this; basically, I mixed ready mix paint with PVA so that I was able to dribble paint fairly steadily onto a surface from about half a foot away.

My main praise for this method is this: is forces you to stop worrying about being perfect.

I often spend far too long faffing around trying to get the proportions, the shading, the everything perfect and, generally the result is something that looks that same as before I faffed around I simply added about an hour to completion time. This, on the other hand, made that impossible as it is so unpredictable you just have to go with it - plus, the whole piece took around half and hour to prepare and only twenty minutes to paint.

I really like how this turned out; I wasn't convinced about my use of white at first but without it it did look flat. Oh, well - see what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment