Thursday 29 September 2011

Ouch . . . Papercut.

So, I was making someone a card and as I'd been looking at the work of Amy Williams (the artist not the athlete, google will confuse you) I thought I'd do a piece inspired by here beautiful papercuts.

She has said that she gets her inspiration from folklore and fairytales. As I had recently looked at one of my favourite pictures, 'Brita as Iduna' (a lithograph by Carl Larsson), I thought I would try to capture the story of Little Red Riding Hood as the girl from Larsson's picture always reminds me of Little Red.


2 comments:

  1. Ohh, that's lovely! How did you get the cuts on the wolf so fine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a craft knife for the whole thing - you can cut as fine as you like and the cuts come out a lot sharper than scissors :)

    ReplyDelete