Thursday 17 March 2011

I have no idea where this came from.

Day Two: Cartoon Collage

I originally wanted to build on the continuous line idea and do some painting but that turned out to take quite a while to set up (it will hopefully feature as day three) so in the mean time I decided to do something a little less complicated and regress to 'cut and stick' art - and it was fun!

Believe it or not this is the greatly censored version of my profane/cute creatures idea; you can request the original comments if you wish. I like the idea of juxtaposing such a childlike and happy setting with ugly, adult words but I'm not completely satisfied with my rendering of this cartoon style as I've never tried it before.

I like the swirly trees though - I'm sure that element will make a reappearance as the art project continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment