Thursday 31 March 2011

I've become all self obsessed, like Tracey Emin.

Day Fifteen: Self - Portrait

As the title suggests, I was inspired by the works of Tracey Emin to do this piece. She put out intimate details about her life in her works and they have always made my consider my own life - particularly the more mundane aspects of it.

And so, I present: My Room; and me in it.

Oddly, the most revealing and embarrassing aspect of this piece is not the thought that people will get to see my 'wabs' at a terrifically unflattering angle but, rather, that people will get to see the extreme mess my room is in - quite genuine I promise.

I did not want this piece to be easy on the eye or ordered, as my room certainly isn't. I wanted the piece to be, in some way, equally as inaccessible as my room (and I mean that quite literally, the door has to be forced open).



No comments:

Post a Comment